Disjointed is an American streaming television comedy series created by David Javerbaum and Chuck Lorre and starring Kathy Bates. Twenty episodes of the series were ordered by Netflix, with the first 10 episodes premiering on August 25, 2017. The last 10 episodes were released on January 12, 2018. On February 14, 2018, Netflix canceled the series.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Production
- 5 Reception
- 6 References
- 7 External links
After decades of advocating for legalized cannabis usage, Ruth Whitefeather Feldman (Kathy Bates) employs her newly graduated son and a team of young budtenders to help run her Los Angeles cannabis dispensary. Along the way, Ruth and the team run into “highs” and lows. Delving into marijuana history, activism, 420, misconceptions on stoners, and the personal lives of the whole team. The show touches on serious issues such as PTSD and highlights the medicinal benefits of the marijuana plant.
- Kathy Bates as Ruth Whitefeather Feldman
- Aaron Moten as Travis Feldman, Ruth’s son
- Elizabeth Alderfer as Olivia, a budtender and love interest of Travis
- Tone Bell as Carter, the security guard who has PTSD from 3 tours in Iraq
- Elizabeth Ho as Jenny, a budtender
- Dougie Baldwin as Pete, the in-store grower
- Betsy Sodaro as Deborah “Dabby” Shapiro, a frequent customer of Ruth’s Alternative Caring and Dank’s girlfriend
- Chris Redd as Steve “Dank” Dankerson, a frequent customer of Ruth’s Alternative Caring and Dabby’s boyfriend 
- Nicole Sullivan as Maria Sherman, one of the dispensary’s customers.
- Michael Trucco as Tae Kwon Doug, a neighbor who owns a Tae Kwon Do studio.
- Cass Buggé as Sabine Dortmunder, a CNNN reporter.
- Peter Riegert as Walter, a dispensary customer and love interest of Ruth.
- Ken Marino as Angelo DeStevens, a cannabis entrepreneur based on Steve DeAngelo.
- Lateefah Holder as Cheryl, a dispensary customer and developer of “Pot Coin”
- Missi Pyle as Mary Jane
- Elizabeth Sung as Lianmin
- Harry Groener as Judge Nelson
- Jessica Tuck as Ms. Carol Harris
- Richard Kind as Special Agent Barry Schwartz
- Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong as Themselves
- Alicia Witt as Rosie Bush
- Brian Baumgartner as Krinkles
- Rondi Reed as Nana
- Leonardo Nam as Jesus Bruce Lee Christ
On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the series holds an approval rating of 22% based on 32 reviews, with an average rating of 4.0/10. On Metacritic the series has a weighted average score of 43 out of 100, based on reviews from 22 critics, indicating “mixed or average reviews”.